Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 31 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Papa's Pin Cushion - by George De Chiara

Papa's Pin Cushion
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent.
 
When setting up yesterday's still life, Lost Buttons, I pulled out this pin cushion, but it just didn't fit in with the set up I had so I put it aside for today. My wife's grandfather (Papa) built this in his work shop a few years ago. He's quite the wood worker and loves to share the things he builds with everyone in the family, and, of course, we love to get them. Almost every room in our house has something he has built, like wooden puzzles and night lights for our little girl's room, wooden bowls in the dinning room, candle holders, and even our Christmas tree is decked out in custom hand-made ornaments every year thanks to him.
 
To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment