Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 21 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Texas Wild Flowers - by George De Chiara

Texas Wild Flowers
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just one penny!

Today I once again turned to some of my photo reference for inspiration.  Last year, I took some photos of the south Texas wild flowers blooming and decided to do something with them today. Spring of 2010 was an explosion of color everywhere I looked. My in-law's house is surrounded by fields that all bloomed. One had these yellow sun flowers as far as the eye could see, and another had these little white and blue and purple flowers everywhere. I just couldn't decide which one to paint, so I did the next best thing. I took  the two images I couldn't decide on into Photoshop and combined them.
 
To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment