Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 25 of the 50 Day painting challenge - White Pelican - by George De Chiara

White Pelican
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

Day 25, I can't believe I'm half way through this painting challenge! It's been a great time so far and I've really enjoyed hearing from so many of you. Now it's time to buckle down and get through the next 25 days.

 

 The inspiration for today's painting came from one of the many trips my wife and I have taken over the years. We usually try to go to a bird sanctuary or wildlife refuge for a day or two on each trip. We spotted this white pelican while we where in Corpus Christi last year at a great bird refuge. It was hard to choose between this white pelican and the roseate spoon bills, herons, seagulls and ducks of all kinds. I must have taken a hundred photographs while we were there. I settled on this shot because of the way the light was striking the pelican and just loved the way it fell across his beak and neck. For this painting, I videotaped myself painting. Visit my blog here to see all of the videos!

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment