Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 20 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Hey There Little Red Rooster - by George De Chiara

Hey There Little Red Rooster
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just ONE CENT!

The other day on Facebook, some of my fans made suggestions of some things to paint during this challenge. I loved the suggestions and feedback from them. While I have a pretty good list of subjects already, I really like a lot of the suggestions and plan to use what I can.  One of my fans mentioned they would love to see a painting of a Rhode Island Red Rooster. It just so happens that I have some pretty good photo reference from our grandmother's chicken coop of her rooster. I didn't know it at the time, but her's is a Rhode Island Red. Since I was thinking about doing this for the challenge anyway, things couldn't have worked out better. If you'd like to join my Facebook fan page you can do so by clicking here. FYI: I haven't really announced this yet, but when I reach 200 Facebook fans I'm planning on doing a drawing for a free 6x6 inch painting.

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment