Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 29 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Sunset At Pappy Elkins Park - by George De Chiara

Sunset At Pappy Elkins Park
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just one penny!

I really enjoy getting out and painting sunsets from life. For me, they are one of the most challenging scenes to paint because of the speed in which they change. I've got to paint quickly since there is less than an hour to get all the information I need. For this painting, this hour timeframe worked out well since that was about all the time I could spend looking at sun before my eyes hurt. When the skies are only partly cloudy, the sun is very intense and hard on the eyes. This is a serious issue so when I set up to paint, I chose a spot a little behind a tree that I would use to block the intensity of the sun while painting. I did the initial study on Saturday and then spent a few hours today adjusting it based on the color notes and information I gathered while painting this from life.
 
To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment