Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 19 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Cisco Kid - by George De Chiara

Cisco Kid
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

It seems like every time I pull out my fishing lures, I have to do two or three paintings of them before I'm satisfied. For those of you not keeping score, I did one yesterday with 3 of my lures in it and now one today. For today's painting, I wanted to explore how I could make an interesting painting with very few objects. In this case just two, the lure and a small branch. I wanted to lure to be as large as possible and still have an interesting composition. To achieve that, I was going to need a good cast shadow, so I placed my light is such a way that it would produce a strong shadow. I had to play around with my arrangement of the lure and light for a bit to get something I was happy with. I think the key was getting the lure to rest on the branch. The helped give the painting some depth and movement.


To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment