Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 13 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Beach Reflections - by George De Chiara

Beach Reflections
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just one cent!

 Today, I still felt inspired to paint more water, reflections and the beach, so I again turned to my photo reference from Mustang Island. This painting actually has the boat from yesterday in it. I'm just pulled back a bit so I can also paint the catamaran next to it. To mix things up a bit today, I used my palette knife for a large portion of this painting. I'm slowly getting better with my palette knife and I can control it much better these days. Having used it to paint my color charts last month, the practice is really paying off now. The knife tends to put the paint on very thick, which is one of the nice things about using it. The colors mix in a very unique way that can only be achieved with a knife. When I needed to use a brush, I made sure to load it up with thick paint too so the style would match.


To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment