Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 12 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Beached Catamaran - by George De Chiara

Beached Catamaran
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

Yesterday's painting got me thinking about painting more water, specifically reflections in the water. I'm not sure why, but I really enjoy painting the reflections. There's something about the symmetry that puts my mind at ease. I often find myself getting lost in thought while painting them and when I finally look up, hours have passed and huge portions of my painting are done. This is one of the true joys of painting for me, that zen-like state where you can lose track of everything and just relax.

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment