Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 14 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Little Poppers - by George De Chiara

Little Poppers
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

Somehow, in all the heat we are having here in Texas, our tomato plants are still managing to produce and ripen handfuls of tomatoes just about every day. Every evening, I go out when the sun is setting and check on the garden, do a little weeding and pick everything that's ripened during the day. Last night, I picked a bunch of cherry tomatoes and  yellow bells, along with a large handful of cayenne peppers. When I brought them into the house, I laid them out in the kitchen in piles to show my wife the harvest for the day. While waiting for her to come and see I was struck by the way the tomatoes looked scattered across the counter. I knew I had found what I would paint today.

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment