Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 23 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Night Light - by George De Chiara

Night Light
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

 When I first decided on doing this challenge, I made a rough list of ideas for paintings.  Among the general ideas I jotted down was to do a few nocturnal paintings. Even though I paint outdoors, I've never tried a nocturnal painting before. I wasn't too sure what to expect painting in just the light of a nearby porch light, but I was anxious to give it a try. For this painting, I played it a little safe and set up in front of my house.  The street light a few houses away made for an interesting subject for the evening. After about five minutes of painting, I was glad I had set up so close to home. I had to run in and get something to keep the mosquitoes away. Note to self: Don't forget the Off next time!

 

By the way, my wife doesn't think that the richness and velvety look of the painting has translated very well into the photo, which is a good reminder that the painting almost always look better in real life.



To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment