Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 17 of the 50 Day painting challenge - One Hot Number - by George De Chiara

One Hot Number
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Opening bid just one cent!

When I was setting up my still life a few days ago (Day 15), I had an idea for another still life with my peppers. Today's idea was a little simpler, with just three peppers, but I think it has more impact. The small size of these challenge paintings works very well with small, intimate arrangements like this. It gives me a chance to really concentrate on accurate drawing, values, and colors. I also had another opportunity to use sheet music for my background. I've done this on several still life paintings in the past. I think the sheet music gives the background some interest and uniqueness, while not detracting from the main objects. Besides, there's something really interesting about painting the notes on the paper.  I don't really remember how to read sheet music anymore, it's been too many years now and I take a lot of liberties with it when I'm painting it. I'll move the notes around to give it more of a pattern. To see a step-by-step demonstration of how this painting came to life visit my blog.


To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment