Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 22 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Why Can't We Be Friends? - by George De Chiara

Why Can't We Be Friends
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just ONE penny!

Every now and then, I come up with the title of a painting before I even start painting it. It's pretty rare, I think in the last 3 years it's happened maybe 5 times. Usually I settle on a title either while I'm painting it, usually towards the end of the painting or after I'm done painting, but today was one of those rare days where I had a title before I started. I woke up this morning with this song line running through my head, Why can't we be friends? Over and over again, I just couldn't shake it. Then it hit me, that's what I'm going to call today's painting. I was planning on painting these bell peppers, but I didn't know what I was going to do with them until that song line got stuck in my head. Then the idea came to me pretty quickly. That little banana pepper is trying to fit in with the larger bell peppers and he's asking them, "Why can't we be friends?" Silly I know, but that's how today's painting idea came to me. To see my step-by-step demo of today's painting visit my blog.
 

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment