Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 30 of the 50 Day painting challenge - Lost Buttons - by George De Chiara

Lost Buttons
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one cent!

 I have to admit, I know very little about sewing. I know you have to put the thread through the needle, but that's about it. The few times I've had to sew on missing buttons, I almost always had to have my wife fix them for me. She and my mother-in-law are the sewers in the family. Since my wife and I share our studio space, I see a lot of sewing equipment all the time. I just love these little wooden spools of thread she has. I like to think of them as stringy tubes of paint with irresistible color. Every now and again, I like to take out some of them and use them in my still life paintings. They are a treat to paint since I hardly ever run into these colors in anything else

To see a complete step-by-step demo of how this painting came to life visit my blog here.

To see more of my paintings and all of the 50 Paintings in 50 Days Challenge Paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment