Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wild Sunflowers - An Original 8 x 10 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Wild Sunflowers ©
8x10 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Last year, after most of the wild flowers started to die off, I noticed this field of wild sunflowers in a field by a local strip mall. It was so very hot last year when I noticed the field that I didn't do any paintings on location. I made a note of it for a possible painting site this year and waited for the flowers to come back. I started to notice similar sunflowers popping up last week while driving around town and thought it might be time to revisit this field. After waiting out two mornings of rain and cloudy skies, things finally cleared up today and I was off to paint. I was so happy when I spotted the field at the end of the road and saw all the bright yellow blooms! I quickly found a place to paint and got to work. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment