Friday, June 7, 2013

Chipped Paint - An Original 8 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Chipped Paint ©
8x8 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I've really been enjoying these simple still life paintings lately. I don't know if simple is the right word to use though. In many cases, they are just as taxing to paint as a still life full of objects and are almost as hard to arrange. When arranging so few objects, I must be very careful with its placement. I don't want it centered and I want it to still be interesting in the way it sits on the canvas. Plus, with just the one object, I need to make sure my work on it is strong enough to carry the painting. It's been a lot of fun trying to solve these issues. When I showed this one to my wife, she gave me a sort of shoulder shrug "It's okay" response. When I asked her what she didn't like she said it was the background color. Originally, the background was a light tan color. I though about her response for a while and then put the painting back up on the easel and changed the background to the blue-grey color you see now. I'm glad I made the change since it helps the lure stand-off better. If you look close you can still see some of the original color coming through.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment