Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Watching The Clouds - An Original 10 x 8 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Watching The Clouds ©
10x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 This is my painting from the quick draw at the Paint Historic Waxahachie Plein Air Event. We had 90 minutes to paint anything within eye sight while staying within a two block strip in downtown Waxahachie. I spent a long time before the event started looking for an inspiring scene within the allowed area, but never found one I really liked. Finally, a few minutes before we where suppose to start painting, I picked a scene out of desperation. I started to block it in, but just wasn't happy with it. That's when I looked up at the sky and noticed the wonderful clouds passing by. I scraped off my block in and quickly started over with the clouds. These where very fast-moving clouds. After about 5 minutes, these no longer existed and I had to paint them by observing the other clouds passing by. Fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment