Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hydrangea - An Original 8 x 8 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Hydrangea ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 While trying to decide what to paint at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, I ran across these colorful hydrangeas in full bloom. I passed them by at first since I wanted to see what else there was that might tempt my brushes, but everything I looked at seemed to pale in comparison to these dramatic blooms. Eventually I worked my way back to the spot I found these at and settled into the shade from a nearby tree to paint for a few hours. I hadn't painted hydrangeas before this. At first, they are a bit overwhelming, but if I kept squinting at them the shapes got be rather simple and abstract making them a lot easier to translate to canvas. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment