Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Striptease - An Original 10 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting and Workshop information by George De Chiara

 
Striptease © 
10x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 We had another cloudy, overcast morning today. It's a nice change from the high heat we've had, but it makes it almost impossible to go outdoors and paint. Instead, I worked in the studio on my still life painting. I've had this idea in my head for a few days. I kept having this vision of a long orange peel hanging down. I thought it would be interesting to paint both the inside and outside of the peel as it curled around like a cork screw. The only problem is I don't know how to peel an orange like that. Most of my experience has been mostly to just remove the peel so I could eat the fruit. Artfully peeling the orange, as my wife put it, is a whole other skill set that I'm going to have to practice in order to do the painting in my head. For now, this is the best peeling job I can muster. 


 I'm teaching a still life painting workshop in just a few days at the Dutch Gallery in Dallas. The dates are June 21st and 22nd. There's still time to register and join in on the fun. Go here for more information and to sing up: http://dutchartgallery.net/event/george-de-chiara-still-life-2-day-workshop/ 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment