Monday, June 17, 2013

Red Pepper - An Original 8 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting and Workshop information by George De Chiara

Red Pepper © 
8x8 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Simple...bold...colorful...accurate. These are a few of the thoughts going through my mind while I painted this in the studio. Sometimes I need to remind myself to just paint what I'm actually seeing and not what I think I should be seeing or want to see. I've noticed with shiny objects, like this pepper, I struggle with what seems like self-delusion the most. But, that also one of the reason I pick objects like this paint. They force me to face the things that give me the biggest challenges. By taking the time to study them like this, the next time I go to paint something similar it becomes easier since I can recall my past experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment