Thursday, June 6, 2013

Morning Delight - An Original 8 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Morning Delight ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 My favorite part of summer has to be the abundance of fresh fruit that is available at the supermarket. It seems lately that every trip through the produce section brings more seasonal fruit. The cantaloupes our store has now are unbelievable. From the outside they don't look like anything special; in fact, I almost passed them up because I didn't think they would be good yet. Once I cut it open, though, I quickly changed my mind. The color on the inside of these melons is outstanding! Bright, intense and lot of variety. I knew the moment I cut the first slice of that I was going to want to paint it before we ate it all up. As soon as I was done with this painting, I ate this slice. Couldn't resist after staring at it all morning.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment