Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring Blooms - An Original 8 x 10 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Spring Blooms © 
8x10 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I started this painting last week at the "Paint Historic Waxahachie Plein Air Event", but wasn't totally happy with it. It just seemed to lack some of the detail I remembered from the day. Thinking back,  it makes sense. It was a very windy afternoon when I started, so much so that the flowers were never in the same place for more than a second or two, then the wind would come through and rearrange them. I was trying so hard just get the shapes correct, I didn't have any time to get any kind of detail or completion into the painting. Today, I was able to get the painting back on my easel and spend a few hours reworking the areas I didn't like and finishing off the areas I did. I'm glad I was able to do this since I think it made the painting stronger. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment