Monday, October 7, 2013

Lemons and Ribbons - An Original 5 x 7 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Lemon and Ribbon
5x7 inches  Oil on Linen Panel
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Occasionally, the inspiration for a still life painting is sometimes relegated to a minor role when the arrangement of objects is finally settled upon. That was the case with this painting. The original inspiration for this still life was a rather neat copper pot I bought at a garage sale months ago. I actually sort of forgot I had it since it was sitting inside a larger ceramic pot, but when I noticed it I knew I wanted to finally paint it. Then, in the course of deciding what should go with it and rearranging the whole thing many, many times, the thing that started everything found its self as a background object, there to lend interest to the starring objects, but most definitely a supporting member of the cast. Well, maybe next time my poor little copper pot will get the attention it deserves. Until then, I hope you enjoy it in its first appearance.



No comments:

Post a Comment