Monday, October 21, 2013

H3 Ranch - An Original 5 x 7 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

H3 Ranch ©
7x5 inches  OIl
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Recently I went painting with a group of friends at the Fort Worth Stockyards. This area is chuck-full of great painting opportunities and it's sometimes hard to settle on a subject matter, but on this day I was in the mood to do something a little different. Well, different for me anyway, and that meant looking for something I normally wouldn't paint. I wanted to try to paint one of the many large signs advertising the various restaurants, gift stores and western stores lining the streets. I choose this view of the H3 Ranch sign because I liked the way it was partly in shadow. This painting is actually a studio painting based on the plein air study I did that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment