Friday, September 27, 2013

Out For The Day - An Original 5x7 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Out For The Day © 
5x7 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I've been thinking about my last painting, Rolled Gold, and I kept thinking it needed something more. Not that I'm not happy with the painting on its own, but the idea behind it was to work out a composition for a larger studio painting and I felt that perhaps that painting was just half the story. In my mind, I always envisioned this scene as a long, narrow painting and so far everything I had painted for it was too proportional in its height and width. To experiment with the idea of elongating the composition I thought I'd continue the idea onto another canvas and when the two of them are put together, it makes the long, narrow composition I'm after. Bingo! This is closer to what I had in mind for the larger painting I want to do based on this idea. In the mean time, here's the other half...

...And for those of you who want to see the diptych all put together, here it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment