Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mineral Wells - An Original 12 x 16 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Mineral Wells ©
12x16 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

 This is one of three paintings I'll have in the 5th annual Artists of Texas Dallas Show at the Dutch Art Gallery. The show runs from November 2nd - January 11, 2014 with an artists reception on November 2nd from 11 am - 6 pm. The exhibition, entitled, "No Where But Texas" will showcase 80 artists featuring 150 works of art. If you are in the DFW area be sure to stop by and say Hi during the reception.


"Mineral Wells" was inspired from a plein air piece I did at Mineral Well State Park last year. While I love the smaller plein air piece I did, after spending a year looking at hanging in our dinning room, I felt I wanted to work it up to a larger piece. One of my goals while doing this was to still try to retain that freshness and spontaneity of a plein air pieces. While at the same time making some adjustments to the arrangements of my shapes and colors to make a more appealing images. In other words, I didn't want to just make a copy of what I had already done. One of the ways I tried to accomplish this task was to work on large areas at a time and not each object. For instance, I worked on the large gathering of rocks at the same time and only worked on individual rocks at the end. I did the same thing for the background and water. As much as I could, I brought these areas to a sense of completion together.


No comments:

Post a Comment