Friday, October 18, 2013

Lily Pad - An Original 5 x 7 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Lily Pad © 
5x7 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Last week I went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens to paint some of the lily pads they have there. In two large shallow pools, they have about 20 different varieties. It's very interesting to see the differences in them first hand like this. Some are in full bloom, while others are either just starting to flower or seem to be done for the season. I painted a view similar to this one while there, but when I got it home and had some time to look it over I realized that most of my values on that study were very flat (similar) and some of the color got a little muddy. I wasn't sure whether to try to fix it or just scrape the painting so it sat in my studio for a few days. Finally I decided to just paint the scene over using my plein air study and my memory. This one I'm much happier with.


No comments:

Post a Comment