Monday, October 14, 2013

Another View Of Autumn - An Original 5x7 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Another View Of Autumn ©
5x7 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 The last time my daughter and I went to the park to play, she found a large white feather and asked if we could keep it. Thinking that it might make an interesting subject in a still life painting I said yes and we took it home with us. A few days later while playing in the yard we found another smaller feather and added it to our collection. Then, just the other day, I found another interesting feather laying on the side-walk and add it to our growing collection of feathers. Since it rained most of the day today, I was stuck in the studio to paint. I had thought about what I could do with the feathers, so I pulled them out and started to play around with different arrangements of them. After a lot of trail and error, I finally came up with something I felt was a nice composition and got to painting. I have to admit that the feathers turned out to be great fun to paint. I just might have to use them again real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment