Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ten Four Good Buddy - An Original 7 x 5 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Ten Four Good Buddy ©
7x5 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Every once in a while, I'm just in the mood to paint something completely different. The problem is I don't always know what that different thing is. It usually takes me hours to figure it out. First, I'll run though a mental list of any plein air locations I've wanted to visit or revisit to paint at. Then I'll look through all of my still life props. If, at this point, I still don't find that "different" thing, I may look around the house for a while to find something interesting. If that fails, then it's off to the file cabinet full of photo reference and or the hard drive full of digital images. It's there that I found the image that inspired today's painting. I must have taken the photo over fifteen years ago. I can't recall where we were going, but I remember being struck by this truck in front of us. I loved the way the light was hitting it and the pattern of lights and darks it made. I can't believe it took me this long to getting around to painting this one. I wonder what other old photographs I have that I haven't painted yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment