Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tea Rose - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Tea Rose
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!


Believe it or not, the Botanical Garden in Fort Worth is still in full bloom this late into November. In fact, in some places it looks more like spring than fall as flowers bloom and reach for the sky. The Rose Garden is no exception with every rose bush full of fragrant full blooms that are all popping with amazing color! This morning I met a group of fellow painters out there and it seemed like almost everyone fixated on the flowers today. I chose to paint these Tea Roses between the fountain and the lake. These are just a few of the many flowers blooming on a very large bush. The whole time I was painting this I could smell the roses, even over the oil paints! What a lovely surprise.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment