Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall At Trinity Hills - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Fall At Trinity Hills
6x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

We are just starting to get our fall color here in Texas. I'm not sure how much we are going to get this year since we just experienced one of the worst droughts in recent history, but we are slowly getting some. A painting friend of mine suggested painting at Trinity Hill Park, but had to cancel at the last minute. I decided to go anyway and paint. Trinity Hills Park has been described as "the best place to stand in Fort Worth". While I'm not sure about that, it is a very neat place. First off, it's huge! You can hike for hours along the meandering trails. It also has some unique views of the city skyline with rolling hills in the foreground. I was lucky to come across this scene late in the day when those great cast shadows where going across the hillside. I really liked the pattern of light and dark that they created along with the little pops of fall color.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment