Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Partly Sunny - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Partly Sunny
6x6 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

One of the unexpected outcomes of the drought we had this year in Texas is views like this one. Normally the spot I stood to paint from would have been underwater, along with most of this scene. I was standing about 20 feet from where the shore line is normally. When I pick this spot for my painting the sun was shining though the rain clouds that threatened the day. After about 10 minutes of painting, the sun ducked behind a cloud and never came out again. Well, that's not totally true. Almost on cue when I stopped painting, the sun came back out for rest of the day. With any luck we'll have a very wet winter and spring to fill our lakes back up again. 

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment