Friday, November 4, 2011

Homestead - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Homestead
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!


 I have a few demos coming up this month. On Monday night, I'll be doing a painting for the Ellis County Art Association and while thinking about what types of subjects I wanted to paint, a scene like this one came to mind. Since the time frame is relatively short, about an hour to an hour and half, I wanted to do this little piece for a number of reasons. First, it gives me a chance to work out how I might approach a subject like this without the pressure of a crowd watching. I could also time how long it takes to paint and make a few mental notes about how far I should be in the painting at a few given time intervals. Normally, when I'm not under any time constraints, I may take a few hours to complete a painting like this, so trying to complete it in a relatively short period was a real challenge. Luckily, I made it with a few minutes to spare. With any luck I'll be able to do the same on Monday night. If you're a member of the Ellis County Art Association be sure to come by and watch my demo. It should start around 7PM.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment