Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Last Light - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Last Light
5x7 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

Mondays are busy days.  I take care of our baby daughter until my wife gets in from teaching and then I have to pack up to get my painting in for the day.  Between feedings and tummy time, I figure out where I am going to catch the last light of the day.  It can't be too far from the house because the sun sets awfully early these days, so I am grateful that we live in an area that has so many parks with leaves that are changing in color.  Last night, I got lucky and stumbled upon this scene just before sunset. There where just a few rays of sunlight reaching the tops of these trees and in the back of the field. I had to paint fast to capture this scene before the sun was gone and it disappeared. Adding to that, even in November, Texas has mosquitoes and they tried to carry me away as I worked.  As for the painting itself, the biggest challenge was capturing the large foreground. I loved the cool colors of the grass and path and thought I could use these to give the foreground some interest.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment