Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weatherford Hay Bales - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Weatherford Hay Bales
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

 I'll be honest with you, after looking at the the last two hay bale paintings I did last week for a few days in the studio, I wasn't very happy them. Mostly, I really struggled with the values and the color and knew I could do a better job. Today presented that possibility, so I went back to the first field I painted that had the drilling well on it. When I got there though, the well was gone and so were the workers. I guess they were taking the well down last time I was there. Anyway, in their absence, I was able to access almost all of the hay fields that surround this area. I liked the way the light was hitting these bales, although I did have to move them when I painted them to get the composition I wanted. I'd like to try a few more before all of the farmers pick them up from the fields, which could be anyday now. I noticed one of the fields I've wanted to paint no longer has any bales in it.  Well, I guess another lesson of plein air is that you have to strike while the iron's hot.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here


No comments:

Post a Comment