Monday, November 22, 2010

Last Light, Lake Arlington - Original Painting by George De Chiara

Last Light, Lake Arlington
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here

 Today, while going to pick up our daughter at day care, my wife commented that it looked like we might have a good sunset tonight and came up with the wonderful idea of taking our daughter to the park so they could play while I painted. Who could argue with that plan? So off we went just as fast as would could since the sun was starting to set. As soon as we got the the park, I quickly grabbed my gear and headed off to the pier to catch the last of the sunset. I had to paint really fast since the sun was going quickly. There's nothing like watching your subject fade off just as fast as you can sling paint onto the canvas. Still, I must admit that I really enjoy trying these sunset paintings from life. They are a true adrenaline rush!


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com



No comments:

Post a Comment