Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Round Bales - Original Painting by George De Chiara

Round Bales
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

 I've driven by these hay bales which are next to Lake Weatherford twice now. Both times, I stopped to look at them and thought about painting them, but for one reason or another, I would drive on to another location. Today, however, I stopped and finally painted them. They are in a field next to what I think is a gas well, which is still being drilled.  If the drillers were paying attention, I must have been quite an unusual sight.  Because the day was very bright, I had to face away from the field to keep the sun off of my canvas. The whole time I was looking at a gravel lot, and had to turn around to see my subject and then turning back to my canvas to paint. It's a small field and these three bales are all it produced. Hopefully, the well does better.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.



No comments:

Post a Comment