Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thoughts of Spring - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Thoughts of Spring (SOLD)
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

It rained here all day, and with the weather getting cold, I couldn't help but think back to spring time. Hopefully, the weather will dry out a bit later in the week and I can get out and paint again. I wasn't in the mood to do a still life today, so I painted this from a photo I took at a near by park early last spring, right when the new buds are blooming on the trees. The spring is a great time to get intense color as the trees flower in the early spring. It's a beautiful sight here in Texas. We sometimes don't get those great fall colors that other parts of the country are blessed with, but I've never seen another place that gets such great spring color.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.


No comments:

Post a Comment