Monday, November 8, 2010

Pin Cushions - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Pin Cushions
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara


Hmm... this is a new subject for me...sewing supplies. We seem to have a lot of them around the house.  I haven't a clue to how to use any of them, but Lord knows we have 'em. I was attracted to the great colors of the pin cushions and threads.  It seems like it takes me a few tries to get to get comfortable with new subject matter, so I'm sure I'll revist the sewing supplies again. My first paintings of new subjects never really come out exactly as I think they should, but then I go back and make a some adjustments to the composition, color, perspective, and so on and so on.  I really do find satisfaction in making progress.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment