Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lake Arlington Boat Docks - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Lake Arlington Boat Docks
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

While I still believe that determination is a primary component of plein air painting, sometimes no matter what I do,  the weather just doesn't cooperate.  Last night I went to paint the sunset again on Lake Arlington, but the first real cold front of the season moved in instead. The clouds and the wind rolled in, making the lake a choppy mess and obscuring any hope at capturing the sunset. That wind was blowing with such force, I wasn't even sure I could keep my canvas on the easel even if I thought I could have stood in the wind and increasing cold long enough to paint. But determined, I looked around for a place that I could paint from while staying out the elements.  In the end though, I decided to call it quits for the night. I did go back today with the proper clothing and painted the private boat docks that I could see from the public park. There's another set of docks on the other side of the park that I want to try and paint one day too.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here


No comments:

Post a Comment