Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Vine Rose - An Original 5 x 7 Garden Floral Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Vine Rose ©
5x7 inches   Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Last April, I painted at the Dallas Arboretum as part of the Outdoors Painters Society quick draw event for their annual juried show. Now, I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the arboretum. To me, it's too well manicured and neatly planted. I like my gardens to be a little more natural, but this was the place that was chosen, so I had to go with it. After about thirty minutes of walking around the gardens looking for something to paint, I came across an area called the Poetry Garden. It had tall walls surrounding a little courtyard. On one of the walls was a vine rose growing almost to the top. This was the view I attempted to capture in ninety minutes. Honestly, I could have used at least another hour to get a painting I was happy with, but that's the way quick draws go. When the time is up, you put the brushes down and turn in your work. Since then, I've had the painting hanging around the studio and every now and again I think about redoing it. This little painting is a study for that day. What I plan is a more detailed version of what I'd like to say about the vines on the wall. Maybe one day I'll work out the rest of the piece and put it all together. Until then, it's fun to work on the ideas for it! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment