Sunday, September 8, 2013

Summer Anemone - An Original 5 x 7 Garden Floral Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Summer Anemone ©
5x7 inches    Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 This little one is a warm up for a slightly larger commission piece I'm doing. A few years ago, I painted these flowers from life and had to rely on that knowledge while I worked on these from some photographic reference. Even though I was working from a photo I still approached this much like I would a plein air painting and picked and choose which flowers I wanted to include and which one's I didn't. What was important to me was to make an appealing painting, not to reproduce the photograph. I'm looking forward to working on the larger painting this week. If you'd like to discuss your own commissioned painting, please feel free to contact me here.



No comments:

Post a Comment