Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mums - An Original 7x5 Floral Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Mums ©
7x5 inches    Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

I couldn't resist paining these mums one more time while they are still looking kind of fresh. I don't think they will make it too much longer. Store bought flowers just don't seem to last that long. 


For this still life, I set up a very low table just under my easel so I could get a top down view of what I was painting. I placed this old book down first and then laid the flowers on top of it and arranged them until I was happy. I liked the way the dimensional flowers contrasted against the flat graphics of the book cover. I actually bought this book just for still life paintings. It actually doesn't have any of the pages in it, it's just the cover, but I love the worn aged look of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment