Monday, September 16, 2013

Blue and Yellow - An Original 7x5 Floral Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Blue and Yellow ©
7x5 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

I recently found a couple of antique cobalt blue glass bottles at an estate sale in Weatherford. The lovely elderly homeowner and I talked about our love of cobalt with its rich dark blues.  Anyway, I've been itching to try to paint some of them ever since I got them, and, I finally got a chance with this still life. The flowers came from a shopping trip at the grocery store with my 3 and half-year old daughter. We walked by the flowers and she insisted we buy them for mommy. Who am I to argue with such a kind thought? Besides, now I have a few extra models for the studio this week!


2 comments:

  1. so vibrant, i love the color contrast between the yellow and blue! makes them both pop beautifully.

    ReplyDelete