Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yellow Poppies - An Original 8 x 10 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Yellow Poppies © 
8x10 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

While out driving around looking for places to paint I ran across a patch of yellow poppies. I don't think I've ever seen these before, so I stopped to do this painting of them. I love the color of these! Very bright and saturated. This is a great time to just drive around Texas and discover all the flowers in bloom along our roadways and in the fields. Its like fireworks growing out the dirt! I'm still trying to track down exactly what type of flower these are. So far the closest thing I can find is called a Mexican Poppy, but to be honest I don't think that what these are. I'll have to keep looking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment