Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mepps Lusox - An Original 8 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Mepps Lusox ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 Yesterday, I painted a still life of one of my newest fishing lures. That one was given to me by my wife for Christmas. Today's lure is one of the oldest one's I own. I don't remember where I got it anymore. I just know it's been in my tackle box for as long as I can recall. In fact, it's been moved from tackle box to tackle box as they wear out or break, but this Mepps lure has out lived almost every other piece of fishing gear I own. It's a bit worn now, which made it so appealing to paint, so I hope some of that comes through. It was a real trick getting it to stay in this position. It's a bit top-heavy and kept wanting to fall over. I finally had to use a little clay and string to get it to stay like this so I could paint it.



No comments:

Post a Comment