Monday, May 20, 2013

River's Edge - An Original 8 x 8 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

River's Edge ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 I spent this past weekend in the Hill Country of Texas. The first few days were spent painting in and around Kerrville, and, then on Saturday, it was off to Fredericksburg for the Oil Painters Of America Exhibition for some of the most impressive representational art I've seen. What a wonderful weekend! This painting was done in Kerrville at Louise B. Hayes Park. This is a huge park with lot of access to the river. I found this little spot just a few feet up the river from where the locals swam. Here the water was a little more shallow and full of rocks, which is what attracted me to this spot. I got here just when the sun was starting to set behind me and it gave the scene a very soft light.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment