Thursday, May 2, 2013

Last Road Home - An Original 8 x 10 Plein Air Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Last Road Home ©
8x10 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

I had gone out to paint wildflowers when I discovered this scene along the back roads of Weatherford (Texas). While there where plenty of wildflowers to paint, this view kept calling me back until finally I gave in and found a safe place to park my car while I painted. It was a very cloudy morning with just spots of sunshine making its was through for a few minutes at a time then disappearing. I just had to roll with it and paint the scene the way I saw it, without much direct light. Of course, about 30 minutes after I packed up my painting and started to head home, the sun came out and stayed out for rest of the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment