Friday, May 3, 2013

Rocky Shore - An Original 8 x 10 Landscape Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Rocky Shore ©
8x10 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

This morning while I waited for the weather to warm up a bit outside, I decided to paint in the studio. I took a look through some of my photo reference and found this picture I took a few years ago at the lake just down the road from our house. It was during one of the worst droughts we had experienced since buying our house in North Texas. We had heard on the news about how low the lake levels had fallen, so my wife and I went down to see for ourselves. I took this image of the rocks that now made up the shoreline. This is normally a spot that is totally under the water. In fact, just behind us was a dock that was land locked at the time with a boat stranded on it. No water within 50 feet of the dock. Thank goodness that now the water levels are back to where they should be and this spot is once again hidden under the water. Hopefully, this is a view I never get to see again.


No comments:

Post a Comment