Monday, May 13, 2013

Purple Tail - A New Original 8 x 8 Still Life Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Purple Tail ©
8x8 inches  Oil
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

 One of my favorite places to look for inspiration is my tackle box. I love the brightly colored fishing lures that fill it and have painted them often, though not very recently. Well, it's time for that to change. I dug through my tackle box and quickly found myself gravitating toward this one with its long purple tail. I love the color in it and really wanted to try to capture it with paint. Since I wanted to concentrate on the lure to try to capture it as accurately as possible, I kept the background and the surface it sits on pretty simple. I like this approach with these small still life paintings because it lets me concentrate on the things I want to and not get bogged down with other aspects of the painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment