Saturday, May 21, 2011

Years of Memories - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Years of Memories

11x14

Oil on Canvas Panel

by

George De Chiara



It seems like every few paintings my wife comments that she wants to "keep that one" so I thought I would do a painting for her for Valentines Day. To keep her guessing, I listed the painting for sale on eBay. Since it was a higher priced painting I didn't really think it would sell on there, especially since that, in my experience with eBay, the smaller, less expensive pieces ($100 or less) sell the best. Naturally then, on the very last day of the auction with about 10 minutes to go, someone bought the painting the day before Valentine's Day. Yikes!

 

Sheepishly, I explained to my wife that I had sold her painting. She was very understanding about it, but commented that for our anniversary she wanted a painting that would not find it's way to auction. Well, our anniversary is coming up this week so I've been working on this special painting just for her. I've had to sneak things from around the house into the studio and hoped she didn't notice them missing for a few days. Plus, I had to keep her out of the studio. There where a few times when I thought she would figure it out, but luckily she never did.   The painting is dry now, safely in her hands, and definitely not for sale. So since I know I can't sell this one, I thought I'd take this opportunity to mention that I do accept commissions. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss a commission.


Visit my web site and blog to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment